Moose Antler Chandeliers
Beautiful accents to add the perfect finishing touches to any room can often be achieved by lighting, including moose antler chandeliers.
Below you can find moose antler chandeliers for sale on eBay, Etsy, and Amazon. The selection is usually excellent, and typically includes chandeliers made with real moose antlers as well as faux (reproduction) antlers.
The real moose antler chandeliers offered for sale are often "sheds," which mean they come from a bull (male) moose that naturally shed the antlers during the yearly grow, shed, and re-grow cycle.
The faux antler chandeliers are highly realistic; the antlers are often made from molds derived from real antlers then painstakingly hand-painted to achieve a natural look that, for most people, is indistinguishable from real antlers. The faux antler chandeliers often cost less than the ones made with real antlers. For details on any moose antler chandelier you may consider purchasing, see the item's description.
Below: Very large moose antlers mounted high in the air on a ranch shop building.
Below are antler chandeliers for sale on eBay, Etsy, and Amazon.
From eBay, Etsy, and Amazon
Tips On How To Hang A Moose Antler Chandelier
- The general rule of thumb for hanging a chandelier is to hang it at least four feet away from the nearest wall (hanging one any closer risks making the chandelier look like it was crowded into the room). Since many moose chandeliers are large and wide, you may want to increase this distance to make sure the chandelier looks balanced in the room.
- The weight of the moose antler chandeliers we've seen for sale varies, but you will want to know the weight before hanging your new chandelier. This is because the typical, standard ceiling mounting box / electrical box is usually designed to support no more than 50 pounds. So, if you choose a chandelier that weighs more than 50 pounds you will need a heavy-duty electrical box, and/or you can use a "fan brace," a brace commonly used to support a ceiling fan.
Hanging Height Of A Moose Antler Chandelier
How high or low you should hang a moose antler chandelier is really just a matter of personal taste; in other words, hang it where you want to hang it. However, there are a few general guidelines that may help you make a decision.
- Hang your chandelier low enough to illuminate the area you intend to light it with, but high enough not to interfere with foot traffic or with the sight line of people in the room.
- After those two items are taken into consideration it is usually just a matter of holding or temporarily mounting the chandelier at different heights and choosing the one you find most attractive. Since some moose antler chandeliers can be wider and/or taller than other types of chandeliers, you may find it looks best a little bit higher than a smaller, "daintier" chandelier.
Moose Antler Chandeliers and Dining Room Tables
A chandelier hung over a dining room table should not interfere with the sight line of the people seated around the table. The general guidelines for hanging a chandelier over a dining room table are as follows:
- For a standard 8 foot ceiling, a chandelier should be hung between 30 - 36 inches from the top of the table.
- If your ceiling is taller than 8 foot, add 3 inches of hanging height for every one foot of ceiling height over 8 feet.
- If the chandelier is especially wide or elaborate it might feel intrusive if you hang it too low over a dining table, so you may want to hang it higher than the standard guidelines suggest.
Don't forget that every room in a home is different, and that all these guidelines are just that: guidelines. There are no rules, and you can, and should, hang your chandelier where you think it looks best.
Below: Moose antlers in bright green spring grass.
What Are Antlers?
Antlers are found on animals in the family Cervidae which includes moose, elk, deer, and more. In most species antlers are found only on males, but in caribou/reindeer they are found on males and females. In moose, like most other species, antlers are found only on the bulls (males).
Unlike horns, antlers are not a permanent part of the animals' skull. Instead, they are grown, shed, and re-grown annually. An antler that has matured naturally dies and falls off the animals' skull; these types of antlers are called "sheds."
Below: A bull moose with large antlers. Many real (as opposed to faux) antler chandeliers are made from "sheds," or antlers that fall off naturally during the yearly grow, shed, and re-grow cycle.
Above: Public domain image.
Save The Chandelier For Later
If you find a moose antler chandelier for sale on Amazon that you like but you're not ready to purchase it right away, you can always add it to your shopping cart so it will be easy to find later.
- In most cases, Amazon will keep track of your chandelier, and anything else in your shopping cart, for 90 days.
- Later on, if you decide you don't want the item(s) after all, it's easy to click "delete" and remove them from your cart.
- In the meantime, if you want to check out with other items, click "Save for later" to move the chandelier to a separate, but still easy-to-find list beneath your shopping cart.
Important: Putting items in your Amazon shopping cart or "Save for later" list does NOT reserve them! It just makes them easier to find if they're still in stock when you come back.
Below: Screenshot image showing the "delete" and "Save for later" links when an item is in the Amazon shopping cart.
Pin it now!
You Might Also Like...
- Antler Lamps
- Barn Wood Picture Frames
- Barn Wood Shutters
- Boot Butler
- Boot Scrapers
- Carousel Horses - Full Size
- Carved Animal Skulls
- Ceiling Fans
- Clocks, Western
- Clocks, Windmill
- Cowboy Bedding
- Cowboy Bedspreads
- Cowboy Candle Holders
- Cowboy Dinner Bells
- Cowboy Dishes
- Cowboy Night Light Lighted steer head
- Cowhide Pillows
- Cowboy Metal Wall Art
- Cowboy Towel Racks
- Cowboy Zippos
- Cow Skulls
- Dry Erase Boards
- Elk Meat
- Faux Leather Lamp Shades
- Horn Chairs
- Lamps, Western
- Horse Cutting Boards
- Horse Molds
- Horse Pillows
- Horse Quilts
- Horse Rugs
- Horseshoe Decor
- Horseshoe Wreaths
- Horse Wallpaper Border
- Lamps, Antler
- Log Benches
- Musical Carousel Horses
- Party Supplies
- Rustic Corner Cabinets
- Saddle Chairs
- Shower Curtains
- Sofas, Wild Horse
- Wagon Wheels
- Wall Decals
- Western Clocks
- Western Dishes
- Western Lamps
- Western Towels
- Wild Horse Sofas
- Windmill Clocks
Link To This Page
If you found this page useful or interesting and would like to link to it from your own website or blog, you can use the small code snippet below to make a link. Thanks!
Use ctrl+C in Windows or command+C on a Mac to copy the link.
Below: Like and share this page on Facebook!