Antler Chandeliers For Sale
The antler chandeliers below are for sale on eBay right now. They are mostly faux (reproductions), but you can occasionally find a few real antler chandeliers. If the description says "cast" chandeliers, that's another way of saying they are reproductions, or faux.
The antlers are from whitetail deer, mule deer, and/or elk. Please scroll down for tips on buying antler chandeliers.
Below: An deer antler chandelier hanging from a wood beam ceiling.
Antler Chandeliers: Good Things To Know Before Buying
When buying antler chandeliers off of eBay or anywhere, there are some things to make sure you know before you make your purchase.
- Is the antler chandelier made from real antlers, or are they faux
(reproductions, i.e. cast)?
- Do you care? Many faux antler chandeliers look very, very, real, and can cost a lot less.
- Is it new or used?
- Are there enough clear photos of the chandelier that you feel you know exactly what you're getting?
- What is the weight and dimensions of the chandelier?
- How many lights are there?
- Does it come with a chain, cord, etc. to hang it with?
- Will there be sales tax?
- Will the seller ship to your location? Most antler chandeliers we've seen on eBay are shipped to anywhere in the USA and worldwide, but it's always smart to check.
- What the shipping charges will be?
- Is insurance for shipping the antler chandelier optional or automatically included?
- Is there a reserve? If so, you can email the seller and ask them to reveal the amount of the reserve price. Many sellers will cheerfully disclose their reserve price when asked, but not always.
- Every eBay item for sale has a "Seller info" area. Be sure to check this area to view the feedback rating that previous buyers have left for that particular seller. There is also an area where a potential buyer can read comments left by previous buyers.
- If you have any questions be sure to ask the seller before you bid on an antler chandelier. Look for the "Ask a question" link in the "Questions and answers about this item" area to ask your questions.
Antlers Compared To Horns: Fun Facts To Know
- Antlers are found on animals in the family Cervidae.
- Antlers are made of one component, bone.
- Antlers are not a permanent part of the animals' skull. Antlers are grown, shed, and re-grown annually.
Below: Deer antlers on a cattle ranch in Colorado. These antlers are called "sheds" because they were shed from the deer during the annual shed-and-regrow cycle.
- In most species antlers are found only on males, but in caribou/reindeer are found on males and females.
- Antlers typically branch out.
- The bone of an antler is alive only during the growth stage of the antler. Once the antler is mature the bone dies.
- The bone of a horn is alive throughout the lifetime of the animal.
Below: A very large antler chandelier at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Also on eBay
Link To This Page
If you found this page useful or interesing and would like to link to it from your own website or blog, you can use the small code snippet below to make a link. Thanks!
Use ctrl+C in Windows or command+C on a Mac to copy the link.
Below: Like and share this page on Facebook!