Slobber Straps For Sale
Below are slobber straps (with and without mecates and other reins) for sale on eBay.
About Slobber Straps
Slobber straps are pieces of leather that attach reins to a bit. Slobber straps may be plain or very fancy. They generally serve three purposes:
1) Since they are attached to the bit, the slobber strap can take a lot of everyday wear and tear off of expensive reins. For example, if a horse takes a drink while wearing reins with slobber straps, the slobber straps will help keep the reins out of the water. They are designed to be easily removed and replaced.
2) Some reins can be very lightweight. Lightweight reins, when picked up on and released by a rider, may be so light that the horse can have trouble feeling the differences. Slobber straps can add enough weight to the end of the reins that the horse can more easily feel communications through the reins from the rider.
3) Some styles of reins, such as mecates, are not easily attached directly to a bit. In this case, the slobber strap is attached to the bit and the mecate is attached to the slobber strap.
In the photo below the mecate is attached to the bit with beautifully tooled leather slobber straps.
Slobber straps can be plain or fancy with tooling, lacing, buckles, conchos, etc. When purchasing slobber straps be sure to look at them carefully and read the description, as slobber straps designed to be used with split reins are different than the ones designed to be used with mecates.
New To eBay?
- If you have never bought slobber straps or anything else on eBay before, you will need to register with them. Registering is FREE. eBay requires registration in order to attempt to verify your identity to keep eBay a safe place to buy and sell, and to make sure you are over 18 years of age.
- You may like our one-page cowboy, eBay, crash course (<<< this link will open in a new window.)
Also on eBay
- Cowboy Night Latches
- Saddle Bags
- Saddle Pads
- SleekEZ Grooming Stick
- Slobber Straps
- Split Reins
Link To This Page
If you found this page useful or interesing and would like to link to it from your own website or blog, you can use the small code snippet below to make a link. Thanks!
Use ctrl+C in Windows or command+C on a Mac to copy the link.
Below: Like and share this page on Facebook!