What Is A Nord Fork? - Page 2 of 2
<<< continued from page 1
After the Nord Fork (also sometimes called a "nordfork") has been placed behind the calf's head, a ground crew member keeps tension on the rope tied to the Nord Fork as the calf slides by. He'll keep tension on the rope until the heeler pulls the slack out of the rope and the inner tube.
Instead of keeping tension on the rope, the ground crew member could also walk beside the calf with his hand on the handle of the Nord Fork.
The heeler has ridden until the slack is out of the rope and the inner tube attached to the Nord Fork, and has stopped his horse.
Close-up of a Nord Fork in place as the calf is being worked.
When the calf has been worked, the Nord Fork slips off by pulling its handle forward (toward the nose of the calf).
What Is A Nord Fork? (You are on page 1 of 2)
What Is / Are...
- What Are 5 Reasons Horse Trailer Lighting Matters?
- What Are 8 Dumb Things To Say To A Horse Lover?
- What Are Chestnuts and Ergots?
- What Are Cowboy Chinks?
- What Are Ermine Spots?
- What Are Horns?
- What Are Horse Blood Marks?
- What Are Horse Vaccines and How Do They Work?
- What Are Horse Whiskers?
- What Are Leads?
- What Are The Parts Of A Western Saddle?
- What Are Saddle Rigging Positions?
- What Are Some Horse Fencing Basics?
- What Are Some Interesting Horse Facts?
- What Are Some Interesting Charts and Graphs With Horse Information?
- What Are Some Options For Temporary Horse Fencing?
- What Are Slobber Straps?
- What Are Synthetic Saddles Made Of?
- What Are The Rodeo Catch Pens?
- What Are The X's In A Cowboy Hat?
- What Are The Three Legal Head Catches?
- What Are Wolf Teeth?
- What Is The Angle System For Branding?
- What Is A Bosal?
- What Is A Bull Riding Vest Made Of?
- What Is A Domain Name?
Why would I need one for my farm or ranch even if I don't have or want a website?
- What Is A Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch?
- What Is Flag and National Anthem Etiquette At A Rodeo?
- What Is Floating A Horse's Teeth?
- What Is Freeze Branding?
- What Is Freeze Branding......What Do Horse Freeze Brands Look Like?
- What Is A Galvayne's Groove?
- What Is A Gooseneck Trailer Hitch?
- What Is A Headstall?
- What Is The History Of The Modern Rodeo Bucking Chute?
- What Is The History Of The One-Hand Bareback Rigging?
- What Is The Nasolacrimal Duct In Horses?
- What Is A Pony Express Mochila?
- What Is Hermann Oak Leather?
- What Is Larvicidal De-Worming?
- What Is The Flying Gallop?
- What Is The Mark Out Rule?
- What Is A Nord Fork?
- What Is The Rodeo Return Gate?
- What Is Rotational Grazing?
- What Is A Slick Fork Saddle?
- What Is A Spur Ledge?
- What Is A Swell Fork Saddle?
You Might Also Like