Horse Fly Sheets
Below are fly sheets for sale. Fly sheets are also sometimes called scrim sheets.
Fly sheets are a style of lightweight sheet that allows the horse to stay cool in warm weather while keeping flies, other biting insects, and dust off of the horse. Some fly sheets also provide UV protection from the sun. You might also like horse fly masks.
Fly Sheet Savvy
Fly sheets, like any style of horse blanket or sheet, come with a wide variety of possible features. Some of these may be features you want, while others you may not care about. Below is a checklist of common features found in fly sheets for you you to think about.
- Does the fly sheet provide UV protection? UV protection will help keep the horse's hair coat from bleaching when exposed to the sun.
- Does the fly sheet go underneath the horse and cover the belly area? This is often called a "belly wrap."
- Does the fly sheet open at the chest? If not you will have to take the sheet on and off by pulling it over the horse's head.
- How do the chest straps (if any), leg straps, etc. close? For example, the sheet may have buckles, hook and loop (Velcro) closures, snaps, or other types of closures.
- If you intend for the horse to wear the fly sheet for long periods of time is it a "turnout" style? Not every fly sheet is intended for the horse to wear for long periods or unsupervised. If this is important to you read the description carefully to see what the manufacturer recommends.
- Most fly sheets come in sizes that are inch measurements arrived at by
measuring from the center of the horse's chest in a straight line across its
side to the center of its tail. However, some brands get their sizes by
starting at the same place on the chest but stopping just short of the tail.
If you have any doubts or questions about the size of horse sheet you should
buy, contact the seller before you bid or buy.
- Most fly sheets come in even-numbered sizes only, so if your horse's measurement is an odd number, round it up one inch.
You Might Also Like...
- Barrel Racing
- Cowboy Night Light Lighted steer head
- Bridle Hooks
- Coconut Oil
- Defender Locking Gooseneck Coupler
- Fly Masks
- Fly Sheets
- Fly Spray
- Hoofjack Hoof Stands
- Horse Jump Standards
- Laser Sheen Concentrate
- Mounting Blocks
- Pole Bending Bases
- Roping Dummies
- Shoo Flies
- SleekEZ Grooming Stick
- Stall Signs
- Wall Mounted Saddle Racks