How To Tie A Honda Knot In A Lasso Or Lariat - Page 1 of 2
Tying a honda knot in a lasso or lariat type of rope is easier than most people think.
Below you will find step-by-step photos of how to tie a honda knot with descriptions accompanying each photo.
Just a couple of things before we get started...
- Tying a honda knot is often just called "tying a honda" (without the word "knot").
- The information below is for tying a right-handed honda. Left-handed hondas are essentially tied the same way, just in a backwards, or mirror image, way of what you see in the photos below.
- For the photos, we're using a soft, household-use type of rope. Soft ropes are good for knot-tying practice. Even though the rope is not a lasso or lariat type of rope, the technique is the same.
- We took the photos from the side so you could see how the honda was being created and tied. However, holding the rope sideways causes some people to accidentally fight the natural twist in the rope and they wind up tying a crooked honda. Try to get into the habit of holding your rope straight out in front of you, and not sideways as in the photos, when tying your hondas.
Below: Photo of a finished honda knot.
How To Tie A Honda
Begin with tying a simple overhand knot. Just take the tail of the rope and follow the arrow below.
Pin it now!
Your overhand knot is complete (it's inside the red circle, below).
The blue line in the photo is indicating the part of the rope that will become the loop of the honda. Go ahead and make this part approximately the correct length right now. It should be long enough that when if forms a loop it is about the size you want your honda to be.
Push down on your overhead knot where shown.
Now take the tail of the rope and push it through the opening made by pushing down on the overhand knot.
- Attach A Leather Rope Strap
- Bridle A Horse
- Buy Cowboy Stuff On eBay
- Care For A Silk Wild Rag
- Care For Your Felt Cowboy Hat
- Care For Your Saddle Pad Or Blanket
- Clean Silver Conchos
- Close A Gate With A Chain Latch
- Estimate Cattle Age By Their Teeth
- Estimate A Horse's Weight
- Estimate Western Cinch Size
- Fishtail Braid Your Horse's Tail
- Flatten Cow Horn
- Hydro Dip A Cow Skull
- Make A Bridle Rack Out Of Tin Cans
- Make A Collapsible Wood Saddle Rack
- Make A Flag Boot Out Of A Horn
- Make Homemade Hoof Conditioner
- Make Homemade Horse Fly Spray
- Measure A Horse's Girth
- Measure A Horse's Height
- Measure A Western Saddle Seat
- Put A Horn Knot On Your Rope
- Put A Speed Burner On A Honda
- Recognize Common Horse Colors
- Recognize Common Horse Face Markings
- Saddle A Horse
- Sell Your Horse Online
- Stop A Saddle From Squeaking
- Take Horse Pictures
- Tell A Boy Cow From A Girl Cow
- Tell A Horse Skull From A Cow Skull
- Tie A Honda
- Tie A Horse
- Tie A Quick Release Knot
- Tie A Stopper Knot
Tie a stopper knot for the end of a rope, or a metal, rawhide, or plastic honda
- Tie A Stopper Knot For A Honda
Tie a stopper knot for a tied honda
- Tie A Wild Rag Knot
- Trim A Bridle Path
- Turn Blevins Buckles Over
- Turn Western Stirrups
- Understand Leather / Hide Thickness
- Weigh A Horse and Optimize Rider Weight
- Whiten Bone
- Wrap A Saddle Horn With Rubber
You Might Also Like