Below are children's chaps for sale. You can usually find Western chaps, half chaps, show chaps, working chaps, rodeo chaps, and chaps for mutton bustin.
Since chaps for kids are not always made of leather (synthetic materials are sometimes used) you should read the item's description carefully to find out what the chaps are made of.
You can often find a good deal on used kids' chaps online since children usually outgrow their chaps quickly. On used chaps for children, read the item description carefully for any flaws.
Below: A young mutton buster wears children's chaps as he retrieves his hat. He's wearing black synthetic batwing chaps with bright blue accents and long fringe.
From eBay and Etsy
A Little Bit About Children's Chaps
Like chaps for adults, children's chaps come in two main types: Batwing and shotgun. There is also a type called "chinks."
- Batwing chaps run the full length of the leg, but are closed around the back only above the knee. The amount of chap below the knee is generously cut, similar to a bat's wing (if you use your imagination...). The mutton buster at the top of this page is wearing batwing chaps.
- Shotgun chaps also run the full length of the leg, like batwings. However, shotgun chaps are straighter cut than batwings, and typically close around the leg from top to bottom.
Below: A child wearing shotgun chaps.
- Chinks are similar to chaps, but are shorter. While the length of chinks
varies, they typically hit the wearer below the knee but above
the ankle. Like batwing chaps, chinks are closed around the leg above
Below: Chinks (shown here on an adult). Chinks are a popular choice for children.
Children's chaps and chinks are sometimes made in synthetic materials to help lower their cost. They are also sometimes made to be lighter in weight than adults chaps.
However, some children's chaps are made of high-quality leather, and come in similar weights, or leather thicknesses, as adult chaps.
Save The Chaps For Later
If you find a pair of children's chaps for sale on Etsy that you like but you're not ready to purchase them right away, you can always add them to your shopping cart so they will be easy to find later.
- In most cases, Etsy will keep track of items in your shopping cart for 30 days.
- In the meantime, if you want to check out with other items you can click on "Save for later" to move specific items to a separate, but still easy-to-find list beneath your shopping cart.
- If you put items into your Etsy shopping cart but don't check out after 30 days, Etsy will automatically move them to the "Save for later" area beneath your cart. When you're ready to actually purchase any of these items, simply click "Move to cart" to put them back into your shopping cart and check out.
Important: Putting items in your Etsy shopping cart or "Save for later" list does NOT reserve them! It just makes them easier to find if they're still available when you come back.
Below: Screenshot image showing the "Save for later" and "Remove" links when an item is in the Etsy shopping cart.
You Might Also Like...