Excellent selection of antler knives in different types, styles, and sizes for sale.
The types of knives vary greatly, with significant differences in length of blade, length of handle, style of knife, the type of antler (deer, elk, etc.), who made the knife, and more.
Some of the antler knives you will find are new, others are old. Some come with sheaths or display mounts, while others are just the knife by itself. Still others aren't knives at all: instead, they're a piece of antler so you can make your own knife. You must read the seller's description carefully to know the specifics on any antler knife you are interested in.
Below: An antler knife. The handle of this knife is made from whitetail deer antler. The handle is 4 inches long, and the blade is 3 and 3/4 inches long.
From eBay and Etsy
Antler knives are commonly made from both real antlers and reproductions (faux). Read the item's description carefully to know what any particular knife you may be interested in is made of. Note: Many (but not all) of the antler knives from Etsy can be customized or personalized.
See more antler knives on Etsy
See more antler knives on eBay
What Are Antlers?
Antlers are a bony growth at the top of the skull found on some members of the animal family Cervidae. This family includes deer, elk, moose, and others. Antlers are most commonly found on males only, but in some cases (such as with reindeer/caribou) can also be found on females.
Below: A buck (male) deer with large antlers.
Antlers are grown, shed, and re-grown, usually on an annual cycle. When an antler falls off due to the natural growth and re-growth cycle, the fallen antler is referred to as a "shed." Many items, such as antler knives, are made from sheds.
Below: A collection of shed antlers, or "sheds." Many antler knives are made from sheds. If you need antlers, you can often find antlers for sale on Etsy.
What Are Some Of The Differences Between Horns and Antlers?
- Horns are made of a bony core covered by an outer
sheath of keratin. (Keratin, by the way, is the same substance found in reptile
scales, claws, hooves, and human hair and fingernails) .
- Antlers are also made of bone, but they do not have an outer sheath of keratin.
- Horns are a permanent
permanent part of the animals’ skull.
- Antlers are grown, shed, and re-grown, usually in an annual cycle.
- Horns are usually found on both males and females.
- Antlers are usually (though not always) found only on the male of the species.
- Horns can be straight, curved, or even twisty. Most
horns have only one point, and rarely branch out.
- Antlers typically branch out.
Save The Knife For Later
If you find an antler knife for sale on Etsy that you like but you're not ready to purchase it right away, you can always add it to your shopping cart so it will be easy to find later.
- In most cases, Etsy will keep track of your knife, and anything else in your shopping cart, for 30 days.
- In the meantime, if you want to check out with other items you can click on "Save for later" to move the knife to a separate, but still easy-to-find list beneath your shopping cart.
- If you put items into your Etsy shopping cart but don't check out after 30 days, Etsy will automatically move your dresser (or other items) to the "Save for later" area beneath your shopping cart. When you're ready to actually purchase any of these items, simply click "Move to cart" to put them back into your shopping cart and check out.
Important: Putting items in your Etsy shopping cart or "Save for later" list does NOT reserve them! It just makes them easier to find if they're still available when you come back.
Below: Screenshot image showing the "Save for later" and "Remove" links when an item is in the Etsy shopping cart.
You Might Also Like...