Horse Carts For Sale
Below is an excellent selection of horse carts and accessories for sale on eBay. They usually have a wide variety of carts, buggies, and wagons for sale, along with parts, harness, etc. For good things to know before you buy a cart, buggy, or wagon, please scroll down the page for a brief article below the items for sale.
Below: A Gypsy horse pulling a cart.
Types Of Horse Carts, Buggies, and Wagons
Cart - A horse drawn cart is usually a lightweight, two-wheeled vehicle used primarily for the transportation of people. A cart is usually pulled by one horse.
Chuck Wagon - A chuck wagon is a type of wagon specially built for carrying and preparing food. Chuck wagons are probably best recognized by their back, which has a drop-down tail gate that covers drawers and other storage compartments when moving, and that serves as a work surface or table when opened up and dropped down. Chuck wagons originated in the American West during the 1700s for use during cattle drives.
Below: A chuck wagon.
Stage Coach - A type of coach best known for being used as public transportation in the American West during the 1700 and 1800 hundreds. Stage coaches traveled from station to station (or from "stage" to "stage"), stopping at each station to change horses and allow the passengers a chance to rest.
Below: A stage coach being pulled by a team of Belgian horses.
Wagon - A wagon is a four-wheeled vehicle built mainly for the hauling and transporting of goods. Wagons are usually pulled by two or more horses, depending on the size and weight of the load.
Below: A black wagon.
Horse Carts, Buggies, and Wagons - Good Things To Know Before You Buy
- Is the cart or wagon new or used, real or a replica? If it is used, is it a modern used wagon, or is it considered to be "vintage" or "antique?"
- If the cart or wagon is used, how used is it? Is it a "fixer-upper" or is it in good shape, ready for use?
- Is the seller offering an actual cart or wagon for sale, or an accessory for a cart or wagon? For example, don't accidentally buy a cover for a cart or wagon when you think you're purchasing the actual cart or wagon. Read the item's description carefully - don't just look at the photos!
- Does the cart or wagon come assembled, or will you have to assemble it?
- What size of horse(s) does the cart or wagon fit? While this is not applicable in all cases, it will be in some.
- Is the cart suitable for actual use, or is it for display only?
- Are there enough clear photos of the cart or wagon, inside and out, that you can get a good look at everything you want to see? If not, you may need to ask the seller for additional photos.
- What does, and does not, come with it? Don't assume anything comes with it - read the description carefully to know what you will, and will not, be getting.
- What are the dimensions of the cart or wagon?
- Where is the cart or wagon located? Will the seller ship it or deliver it, or will you have to pick it up?
- If the seller will ship the cart, what will shipping charges be? Is insurance included, or optional?
- Will there be any taxes or other additional fees due?
- What methods of payment will be accepted?
- How soon do you have to pay for your purchase? Some sellers are now requiring the item be paid for within a certain time frame or the sale is off. Read the item's description for acceptable payment times and terms.
- Will the entire payment be due when you make your purchase, or will you put down a deposit then pay the balance at a later time? Note: It is not uncommon for balances due to be accepted in cash or cashier's check only.
- Every eBay item for sale has a "Seller info" area. Be sure to check this area to view the feedback rating that previous buyers have left for that particular seller. There is also an area where a potential buyer can read comments left by previous buyers.
- eBay offers a free buyer protection plan for many items such as carts and wagons. Be sure to read the details and eligibility under "eBay Buyer Protection."
- If you have any questions be sure to ask the seller before you bid. Look for the "Ask a question" link in the "Questions and answers about this item" area to ask your questions.
You Might Also Like...
Carts / Wagons
Link To This Page
If you found this page useful or interesing and would like to link to it from your own website or blog, you can use the small code snippet below to make a link. Thanks!
Use ctrl+C in Windows or command+C on a Mac to copy the link.
Below: Like and share this page on Facebook!