2 Horse Trailers For Sale, New and Used
Below are 2 horse trailers for sale on eBay. For a list of good things to know before buying a horse trailer on eBay, please scroll down beneath the trailers for sale
2 Horse Trailers For Sale On eBay
Buying A Horse Trailer On eBay
Most or all of the items below should be clearly mentioned in the trailer's description. If not, you may need to ask the seller a question before considering purchasing the trailer.
- What year is the horse trailer?
- Is it new or used?
- What brand, make, or model is it?
- Is it a bumper pull, gooseneck, or fifth wheel?
- How do the horses load into the trailer? (Is it a "step up" or a does it have a ramp?)
- Is there a tack area?
- Does the trailer have a dressing room, or living quarters area?
- What is the trailer's GVWR? This stands for Gross Vehicle Weight Rating and is the maximum amount of weight a horse trailer is rated to carry including cargo, mats, equipment, accessories, attachments, fluids, and whatever else including the weight of the trailer itself. By the way, this is separate from the towing vehicle's own GVWR.
- If the trailer is used, how used is it?
- Is it a "fixer-upper?"
- Is it in good shape, ready for use?
- What is the condition of the floor?
- What are the condition of the tires? If the trailer is a good deal you may not really care about how good the tires are, but unless you plan on putting on different tires before moving it, the tires should at least be good enough to get the trailer home.
- What are the measurements, inside and outside, of the horse trailer (height, width, etc.)?
- If the trailer is a slant load and it has an additional area not for the horses (such as a tack room, dressing room, living quarters, or whatever) what is the length of the short wall and long wall? Since the trailer is a slant load this additional area will be slanted, too, with one wall being shorter than the other. Knowing the length of the short wall and long wall will give you an idea of how large - or small - this area is.
- Are there enough clear photos of the trailer, inside and out, that you can get a good look at everything you want to see? If not, you may need to ask the seller for additional photos.
- Don't assume anything is included with the trailer, like mats. The description should clearly state what is included. If it's not mentioned, don't jump to conclusions it's included. If in doubt, ask the seller a question.
- Does the trailer have any defects? The seller should clearly describe any dents, rust, scratches, scuffs, tears, stains, etc., and show them in the pictures if possible.
- Where is the trailer located? Will you have to pick it up, or will it need
to be delivered?
- If the seller can deliver the horse trailer, what will the extra charge for delivery be?
- If the seller can't deliver the trailer and you can't pick it up, what will the shipping charges be through a third party?
- Will there be any taxes or additional fees due?
- What methods of payment will be accepted?
- Will the entire payment be due when you make your purchase, or will you put down a deposit then pay the balance when the horse trailer is picked up or delivered? Note: It is not uncommon for balances due to be accepted in cash or cashier's check only.
- Every eBay item for sale has a "Seller info" area. Be sure to check this area to view the feedback rating that previous buyers have left for that particular seller. There is also an area where a potential buyer can read comments left by previous buyers.
- eBay offers a free buyer protection plan for many items such as horse trailers. Be sure to read the details and eligibility under "Vehicle Purchase Protection" when looking at a horse trailer on eBay.
- If you have any questions be sure to ask the seller before you bid. Look for the "Ask a question" link in the "Questions and answers about this item" area to ask your questions.
Also on eBay
Link To This Page
If you found this page useful or interesing and would like to link to it from your own website or blog, you can use the small code snippet below to make a link. Thanks!
Use ctrl+C in Windows or command+C on a Mac to copy the link.
Below: Like and share this page on Facebook!